Saturday, April 4, 2009

Of Farewell Lunches...Part 4

This is going to be my last post for the day! For starters, I have written so much over the last 4 hour window (this is my 15th) and I have been writing so much about food that I just have to stop this and gobble down my lunch (No one can make cabbage thoran like ma does!) but here is a quickie on the quick lunch that B had thrown for all of us. Like I said earlier, B and R were leaving Kochi and S (of the opposite sex, sillies!) was flying out to US of A. This was kind of the last get together of the BRASS and we had lot more people joining in to make it more merrier.
The venue was the restaurant at Avenue Center, Panampilly Nagar, Kochi and it was meant to be another quick lunch on a working day. All of us gathered pretty much in time since we had to finish it fast and get back to work and that was the precise reason why I loved this one. The lunch buffet spread was the ideal one that you could have on a working day. There were not too many dishes to choose from but all of them that were laid out were equally good. Hot Tava Parathas with spicy mixed vegetable curry, choice of soups as usual and among half a dozen veg and non veg dishes were lemon rice- not a common sight on buffet but a very good alternative to pulao and biriyani especially on a working lunch! The salad bar was kinda mini but again whatever was on offer was good!
I generally dont fancy a mini dessert bar even if it means I have to feel drowsy at work. That probably was the only minus in an otherwise quick and tasty lunch! Avenue Center is another moderately priced restaurant and the ambience is good! The huge plasma TV in one corner of the restaurant and the greenery outside the big glass panes make you feel much better :-)
I have heard great things about the dinner buffet at this place. Shall post on that after I dine at the restaurant. Till then, thanks to B, for having hosted that good and quick one :-)

3 comments:

  1. BRASS : Thats great!!!

    I was wondering who the M was....

    ReplyDelete
  2. M is the Manager of the project that I am working on right now. But I wonder who this anonymous is???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep wondering...

    ReplyDelete