Sunday, April 5, 2009

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot...

Not that I am in super shape or that I have seen someone in super shape closely, nor that I have bought clothes that would make me look hot, but I am sure everyone in Kochi is going "Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!" thanks to the sveltering summer that has set in much earlier than normal!
The mercury is rising rapidly and touches almost 37 degree celsius around noon. As if that was not enough, humidity is around 70- 75% and you feel as if you are an over filled water bag. You dont need to make an effort to start sweating! You gulp down a full bottle of cold water only to catch hold of another bottle 30 minutes later. The rate at which this summer is going ahead, I feel I would die by the time the monsoons start!
Shortage of water, over perspiration, general feeling of tiredness, inability to sleep at night due to the heat- all this is causing lots of health issues also! In my 29 years, this is for the first time that I am coming across such a worse summer in Kerala. This is probably nature's way of telling us that the green house effect and global warming that you learn about in your science books are true and everybody needs to do their bit to control global warming. Rather than thinking what difference one can make, I think it is time for all of us to work towards reducing global warming- plant trees, water them, reduce carbon emissions to the maximum extent possible, conserve rain water- there are many things that we can do to control global warming! Click here and find out some practical steps that each of us can adopt and do your bit for the world and for yourself!
In the meantime, all you Keralites, please join me in praying to the Rain God to pay us a visit at his earliest convenience...

No comments:

Post a Comment