Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dinner with Family...

I have written so much about eating out with my colleageus that I will be unfair to myself if I did not mention about a lunch and a dinner that I went out for, with my family!
The first one was a dinner get together with a cousin and family from Chennai. The occassion of course was their visit and it had also to do with the fact that it had been a really long time since we ate out. So, here we were, in a car and on a 2 wheeler- 8 of us at Hotel Nyle Plaza, Vyttilla for a buffet dinner.
I had visited this place earlier too and was a great fan of the food on offer :-) I was the one who selected the place and looking at the lavish buffet spread before us, all 8 of us happy, hungry and excited- all at the same time. Indian breads were served hot at the table and we were not supposed to pick them up from the buffet table which was such a relief! And we had some excellent gravies to go with the rotis. The star of the day, however, was the dry Gobi Manchurian which all of us were munching much to our delight :-)
The salads were good too and so were the vegetable chammanthies (vegetables wet ground with dessicated coconut) which is quite a regular at all buffet spreads these days! The dessert section was also equally mouth watering with hot gulab jamuns and vanilla ice cream to go...
The best part was that children under 8 were not billed and we had 2 under 8 kids with us which was more reason to cheer! I would recommend the restaurant to all who want to have a good time and eat some good food! And mind you, it is not just the food that is a hit- the ambience and the prompt service also score very high :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment