Sunday, April 5, 2009

Packing quite a punch!

There are many things that give me a high apart from good food and great movies. It could be a good book, having some good time with friends/ cousins, traveling to a great place or watching some great artistes perform!
I should say that I have not been fortunate enough to catch great artistes performing live! Well, the town that I live in did not have many avenues and the theatres in Kochi city always used to have them on weekday evenings which made it diffcult for me to attend considering my working hours at office.
When I read about JTPAC being conceived jointly by the Choice Group and Mr. Mohanlal, I was quite happy. I still was not sure what kind of a theatre they were planning to set up and what kind of shows they were planning to put up. Amidst much fanfare, the theatre was inaugurated a couple of months back and again, there was silence!
Only recently did JTPAC start issuing advertisements announcing the programmes that they had planned for and boy- 0- boy, I had a very pleasant surprise when I heard about what was on offer. Check out the list below if you want to know more:
4 April- The Subramaniams with Louis Banks- Contemporary Fusion Music
26 April- Usha Uthup- Contemporary and Jazz Music
9 May- Sobhana's Maaya Raavan (I was screaming with joy when I read this!)
23 May- Shaadi@barbaadi.com- Hindi/ Gujarati play by Paresh Rawal (OOOOOOOH!)
6 June- Rock Music by Avial
And all this at the newly constructed Performing Arts Centre, just 2 kilometres away from home! This is like hitting a Super Lotto! 2 events every month from the stalwarts of the Indian Art Scene- what more could a lover of art ask for! I am extremely happy, euphoric and excited at the very thought of attending these shows! If you are, please check out the website of JTPAC

2 comments:

  1. hey Ram,
    you really missed out on Usha's show. it was really really good! the band really made a huge difference! it totally exceeded my expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sad that I could not make it! I have already booked tickets for Maya Raavan though :-)

    ReplyDelete