Sunday, April 12, 2009

Election Time!

My state is gearing up for Elections on 16 April and the national leaders of all major political parties were down here in Kerala last week to give a major push to the campaigning. Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, L K Advani, Najma Heptullah, Sharad Pawar- all of them came down to address gatherings in major constituencies across the state.
The media is working overtime and is struggling to come up with what could be the likely distribution of seats between the 2 biggies- UDF and LDF.
Here is what I feel is likely to be the results:
UDF- Ernakulam, Kannur, Vadakara, Wayanad, Kozhikode, Ponnani, Thrissur, Malappuram, Chalakkudy, Pathanamthitta, Mavelikara- 11 seats
LDF- Thiruvananthapuram, Attingal, Kollam, Alappuzha, Alathur, Idukki, Kottayam, Kasargod- 8 seats
BJP- Palakkad- 1 seat
Now, I am no political commentator nor I consider myself an expert in analyzing the clout that political parties enjoy across the various districts in the country. That said, I feel the situation is going to end up as mentioned above based on what I have read and understood from the various articles in Newspapers and magazines as well as the discussions over electronic media.
I am not asking anybody to agree with me. Disagreeing with me is your prerogative. For the time being, I am looking forward to casting my vote on the 16th and also waiting anxiously for the results to be declared in May!
Lets hope for the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment