Saturday, April 4, 2009

Of Farewell Lunches...Part 3

Well, chronologically speaking, this is not the 3rd lunch that we had. But I have to write a long story about the 3rd and the 6th lunches because they were done almost in the same fashion and we had some moist eyes during the gathering- due to losing out on the august company of R and B.
Here I am talking about the lunch hosted by a newly joined S (Big Boss, he is!) basically to get together once again before we bade farewell to B and R. The venue was the coffee shop at Harbor View Residency, Near Kochi Shipyard which according to a friend of mine is on the way to Willingdon Island! Though the hotel has been around for quite sometime, it was my first visit to this one!
It was a working day and we were looking at a working lunch! We were supposed to take a quick bite at the buffet and head straight back to work. However, we ended up waiting for sometime for all of us to gather and we used the time to check out the lounge bar and disc that was launched recently. The place did live up to its name (GLOW!) and all those lights were glowing at us with the music. It looked real cool and is on my radar for a visit with my friends on a Saturday evening :-)
Within half hour, all of us gathered at the lobby and off we were to Two Trees, the strangely named (or so I thought) coffee shop of the hotel! Till I visited the place I had never thought that the attic could serve as a good coffee shop and here we were, right in the middle of the hotel with corridors at 7 levels around us. 2 Miniature trees were also planted inside the coffee shop which thus lived up to its name. Thanks to the layout, the air conditioner was not really cooling it and the tables were quite narrow for the big group that we were. The restaurant was not brighly lit and I did not really fancy the idea of sitting under a tree while eating a 4- course lunch!
But all those apprehensions kinda melted away thanks to the wonderful array of dishes that were on offer! A couple of kadai dishes fresh from the stove along with soft and fluffy appams- vegetable stew for the conventional and gobi manchurian for starters- a fairly well stocked salad bar with my favorite egg salad and I completely fell for the place! At a moderate price of 254 bucks net per person, this coffee shop truly deserves a second visit!
There was one more reason to cheer- the dessert section which had my favorite payasam along with gulab jamun and ice cream- Need I say more???

No comments:

Post a Comment