Sunday, May 11, 2008

Work- Life Balance

I am quite surprised that I am still able to balance my work with personal life even in spite of the fact that I have been working full night for the past one week. My work day (or should I say night?) starts at 11 PM and goes on till 8 next morning. I sleep from around 10 AM till 5 PM in the evening, but, hey I am still able to catch up with all the things that I normally do on a working day (reading newspapers, spending time with my family, checking my emails, going out downtown to get stuff done) and also keep myself awake and full of zest throughout the night shift.

Another big advantage has been the fact that I have been able to clean up a lot of things that were lying on my to- do list. The good thing about working night shifts is that one does not get distracted by e mails or phone calls or even anyone approaching for a casual talk! This has helped me concentrate completely on what I am doing at any point of time and even complete the work in half the time I would have taken in completing it, had I been working during my normal office hours!

The night shift is going to continue for another week at least and at this point, all I have to say is- I’m loving it!

1 comment:

  1. I too should think of working in the night.. Just to get rid of mails and calls.. :))

    ReplyDelete