Sunday, August 23, 2009

Naturals Unisex Salon- Is it worth the hype?

Kochi has not had too many Unisex salons (the only ones that come to my mind are Ole and Olee) and that was reason enough for the hype that surrounded the opening of a branch of "Naturals" Unisex salon right on KP Vallon Road, Kadavanthra.
I stayed away for almost an year from visiting Naturals- there were many other places offering decent hair cuts and coloring. This time around I thought I would try out Naturals and I had my friend, K for company. It had been a while since I subjected myself to a Pedicure and with the monsoons in Kochi, my feet were something that I was not feeling very proud about. Decided to go for one at the Naturals along with a hair cut and hair color.
My hair had not grown long enough to warrant a cut but the stylists at Naturals trimmed it and I thought I looked better. I chose light brown for my hair color this time but the coloring was done in a rush. When I washed it off, I found that the grey hair on my scalp had turned greyer!!!
However, the Pedicure was the best that I have ever had (I have had it only twice before though). They had Pedi Counter just for people with bad feet days like yours faithfully and the guy at the salon did a good job and my feet looked like they had never touched the ground before :-)
It is another story that I had to shell out a little more than a grand to get these stuff done. I did love the ambience, the personalized care and the service but I don't think the rates justify the services provided. I would say it is not very different from other salons that I have visited in the city. The only high point is your chance meeting with the local celebrities who may hop in anytime and trust your stylist to leave you in the lurch as soon as he spots a celebrity type!
To sum up, was it an enjoyable experience at Naturals? Definitely yes. Is it good value for money? Definitely not. Is it worth all the hype and hooplah? Not really.
Not convinced? Check it out yourself!

1 comment:

  1. hi..I was hoping to get a layered haircut at this place.They told me it'll cost me 500 bucks and also i need to take an appointment.I haven't been to any salons in Cochin and i'm not sure about this one too(Not many reviews about naturals available on net!)
    Could u help me sort this out?Do u know any other salon in cochin? :-(

    ReplyDelete