Sunday, August 30, 2009

Free Dinners...

The guys at the Hotel that we have been put up at are being very kind these days. Probably because we are stay in guests for as long as 22 days, they have provided us each with Gift Coupons worth a dinner for 2 at the Restaurant for as much as CAD 75. Great, isnt it?
Thats what we thought when we redeemed the first coupon last Sunday for a lentil soup and a delicious Orecchiette Pasta (With sautéed wild mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh grated Grana Padano cheese, fresh herbs and extra virgin olive oil) for myself and Acadian Seafood Chowder (a rich soup full of shrimps) and Atlantic Salmon for my friend. We were filled up to the brim and had a tough time walking back to the room while thanking the generosity of the Hotel authorities.
Today was the day scheduled for the second coupon. My other friend went ahead with his Acadian Seafood Chowder and Nova Scotia Arctic Char. Being the vegetarian, I had to satisfy myself with French Fries (no veg soup was on the menu for the day) and Vegetable Fried Rice (which was made to my order, a decision I regretted while I was eating what was served in that name!)
To be fair to the restaurant, the complimentary bread and butter were delicious! Anyways, there ends my series of Free dinners at this Hotel- I was excited when I received the coupons, ecstasic when I had my first dinner and am detached from the whole thing after the second dinner. As I realize now, free dinners are good once in a while but not all of them need to be to your liking...

1 comment: