Sunday, August 30, 2009

Aye- O, Three- O!

I am not the kind that enjoys celebrating Birthdays. Come August and I start getting irritated for little things considering the fact that I would be turning an year older the next month. The irritance stays with me almost till end of September and then I start moving on consoling myself that getting older is a bitter fact in life!
Not this time though! For a change I am eagerly looking forward to my Birthday this time and not without a valid reason- come next week and I turn 30!!!!3 decades old, that is!
I was not old enough to understand the significance of completing 1 decade when I turned 10, I was quite irritated with myself when I turned 20 since that marked the end of Teenage but this time around, I am feeling happy and proud at turning 30 and I have my own reasons for it!
30's in my opinion is the best time in any person's life- a decade where many things happen, many things fall into place, many changes take place and you become important to many people so much so that people start treating you for what you are...
I have seen this happening to friends, cousins and many other acquaintances. You turn 30 and suddenly you are mature enough in the eyes of all- your younger siblings, cousins and friends look upto you and the older folks in your family always ask you for an opinion on all stuff- important or otherwise.
On the personal front, you pretty much complete your studies whatever your branch of study be, you would have kind of stabilized on your work front and will be on a high acceleration path to success, glory and hardwork! You will be married or about to be married or start giving a serious thought to marriage, you would have even had a kid or a two. Later during your 30's, you start thinking about an alternate career, taking off time to learn things which you always wanted to learn, start reading serious stuff and start looking at life from a totally different point of view.
You also start looking at yourself with a new set of eyes- you start taking care of your appearance, you start watching your weight and appearance, develop a style of your own, start acquiring interest in classy stuff, buy your own house and car, participate in decision making both at home and work, get closer to friends and their families and pretty much create a world of your own- and if you are lucky enough, end up creating a very happy World around yourself...
That is what I am looking at when I turn 30. I might not do everything that I have written above. I have my reservations about many of those stuff though that's what people generally end up doing in their 30's. Whatever I end up doing, all I am looking at is being successful, happy, rich and creating a world around myself I would be happy being part of...
Just 4 more days and its Aye- O, Three- O for me. I am entering the world of Fun n Flirty 30 (though I always had my own reasons to believe that I was both Fun and Flirty!) and hence, please join me in wishing Happy Birthday to ME!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh..yes....wonderful blog!!!
    Many many happy returns of the "3rd decade day"!!!!

    All will be happy for you, would admit you are mature; provided you make a small change in your decision and start thinking of having a family life. I am sure all would appreciate and love that small change. Hoping to see that positive change sooner....with all best wishes Ammu, Shankar & Shrutikutty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot guys. As for the small change, well,...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice different perspective.. I liked it :-)

    Almost all my friends were very scared of the day they turned 30. Some are still thinking of ways to jump over that date in Calendar and remain 29. This post looks real different among all those.

    ReplyDelete