Sunday, August 23, 2009

Missing out on the fun!

There have been so many things happening at home, at work and in life in general. Not that I am complaining but I am also missing out on a lot of things and would have to do a lot of catching up after I am back in India.
I missed out watching Jayasuriya's first big hit "Ivar Vivahitharayaal" in theatres, I took a flight to North America the day Vishal Bharadwaj's "Kaminey" was released (Its a big hit back home, it seems. Hope I get to watch it in a theatre after I get back!). The hugely awaited "Kanthasaamy" has released back home to mixed responses and I just cannot wait to catch it in theatres at least for the foot tapping songs.
I could not make it to Pankaj Udhas's concert in JTPAC since I was held up with some work. Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia's flute recital would have ended few hours back and I am sitting here in North America. Vineeth and Lakshmi Gopalaswamy are scheduled to present Bharatham at JTPAC on 5 September and I don't land in Kochi till the morning of 6 September- all this at JTPAC are being missed in addition to Usha Uthup, Avial, Taufik Qureshi and Ganesh- Kumaresh that I have already missed :-(
I missed out on the "Cheedai" and "Appam" that mom would have made on Sree Krishna Jayanthi and am going to miss out on the "Modhakam" that she would make tomorrow to celebrate Vinayaka Chathurthy. All I can do is to remember the taste of the delicious Paal Payasam that ma would make for every birthday of mine when I turn an year older in a couple of week's time. The big onam celebration at office is on 31 August which again I am going to miss. I am also missing out on the family get together at Hyderabad during Onam 2009 to celebrate the arrival of my cousin's twins into the family- Vibhas and Bhuvan!
I miss out on a friend's wedding right on my Birthday and also missed out on my Aunt's short visit home after what might be an year. I missed out the spectacular Athachamayam at my hometown in connection with Onam and also on all the shopping that we would do on MG Road, Kochi just before Onam! I also missed out the celebrations associated with my friend's father turning 60 and all festivities on India's 63rd birthday. I might also miss out on meeting a whole lot of old friends who come home for the big family festival- Onam...
Not that I am unduly worried even though that is a very long list. This is how life treats you. Sometimes you have everything you ever wanted, sometimes you don't get anything that you want and sometimes you get things that you never asked for...If I say I am not enjoying my stint in NA, I would be lying and I suppose that is what compensates for all that I am missing. At the end of the day, hits and misses are all that life is made of, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment