Sunday, August 23, 2009

My First Encounter with a Hurricane!

It could be tomorrow- at least that is what the forecasts say. Halifax does not look like it is going to get a hurricane anytime soon- it is all bright and sunny around. But the weather in North America could change the next second- something I have learnt out of my 6 visits to this massive continent in the last few years.
I am not taking chances and am making sure I am indoors- more out of the curiosity to see what happens during a hurricane rather than out of fright. I come from the land of violent monsoons and have seen trees getting uprooted in the wind but a hurricane on the Atlantic coast of North America need not be the same as monsoon rains on the coast of Arabian Sea in India. I hope it does not wreak havoc and damage all around but I am keeping my fingers crossed to see what it would look like!
Do pray for all Halegonians and I shall definitely write about what I saw. Till then, it is waiting time for Hurricane Bill to strike :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment