Sunday, August 30, 2009

Feeling Light...

Saturdays in Halifax are for shopping and when you have malls like Mic Mac, why worry? The mall is supposed to open at 9.30 AM and there we were, the 3 of us waiting at the entrance of the mall at 9.20 AM itself. The objective was to finish shopping by noon, grab some lunch and head back to the hotel. We did meet all objectives- we shopped, had lunch at 2 and were back in the hotel by 4 PM!
Thanks to all the "Back to School" and "Clearance" sale, all of us felt much lighter at the end of the enterprise- the wallets were empty by the time we were back and as one of the friends remarked, if we had walked this walk in the straight direction, we could have crossed the Atlantic!
The best thing about shopping in a mall, beside spending money, is of course the kind of calories you burn walking, walking and walking. The bigger the mall, the better. The more the clearance sale, the better!
Well, that was my learning for the day from Mic Mac and for those who are interested I cancelled quite a few things off my list- Stuff for my mom and sis, shirts and trousers for myself, DVD's, the works. The food was fabulous (my all time favorite Falafal wrap with some boiled potatoes and a Dairy Queen Honey Caramel Milk Shake!), had a taste of rain in Halifax (while running towards the Bus back to the Hotel) and is still enjoying the "High" looking at all the shopping bags scattered around me while I am typing this away...

No comments:

Post a Comment