Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wasting away time…

I was a good student ever since I can remember. At the cost of not sounding immodest, let me tell you that I was one of the top three students in class all through my school days and improved when I stepped into college. I have had the usual fun and frolic that you associate with your school and college days but have always been focused on what I really wanted to achieve. I completed my professional qualifications at 24 and it has been four years since then. The first couple of years I was busy with switching jobs or job hunting. By the time I was settled in a job in the Middle East and decided to put my time to good use, it was time for me to come back to India for personal reasons. It has been more than 2 years since then. My job requires me to work in the evening till past midnight which leaves a lot of time for me in the mornings. All these 2 years, I have been planning to take up another course of study. Unfortunately, things have not progressed beyond the planning phase till now. All these years, I have been planning whether to take up X, Y or Z but the fact remains that I have taken up neither. I am in 2008 now. Time is flying away, so is age. I think it is high time I started ticking items off my task list for the year which reads something like this- learn four wheel driving and obtain a driving license (should have done it 10 years back!), lose at least 20 kg of extra flesh that I am carrying (should have started 13 years back) and start with a new course of study (should have thought about it at least 2 years back!) Well, all these days I was thinking- better late than never. But, now I feel it is time to put into action what Kabirdas said- Do today what you want to do tomorrow, do now what you plan to do today. There could be a flood the next moment, you may never know. What would happen to your task list then? Do pray for my success with the tasks on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment