Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bachelors and Bachelor’s parties

The good thing about working in the IT/ ITES sector is the fact that one gets to work with a very young crowd. Not that I am too old myself, but, in spite of being in my late 20’s, there are days where I often end up behaving like a person just out of teenage, thanks to the kind of crowd I interact with. It is fun of a different nature altogether. When I say young crowd, it definitely has to be one that consists of unmarried people. In spite of majority of the crowd in office belonging to the fairer sex, I have been lucky to be part of teams which have been male- dominated. This fact takes me to the subject of this post- Bachelors and bachelor’s parties. I have always believed that the best phase in a man’s life is the one where he has completed his studies, started employment and has started earning. It is that stage in life where you are not really accountable to anyone or responsible for anything other than your own life. It is sad that this stage lasts only for a very few years and knowing this, most of the bachelors make the most of out this short- sweet stage in life. Right now, I am in the middle of such a group and am enjoying myself to the core. Weekend meetings, lunches, movies, gupshup, the works. It has been more than 2 years since I have been with a group like that and slowly one after the other; the members are getting into matrimony. A bachelor tying the knot means a party for all the other party animals. I have attended a couple of such parties earlier, but the one I attended recently (thrown by 2 of my colleagues who are getting married shortly) was really memorable, for the venue of the party was a boat. It was fun hanging out with a group of like minded people in a boat and cruising along the backwaters of Kochi singing, dancing and making merry! To add to the fun, it also started raining and all of us had to gather into the small compartment within the boat to save ourselves from the rain. The backwaters of Kochi were looking their best drenched in the rain, with greenery and water all around!!! To start with the party was thrown by two of my colleagues turned best friends and I was extremely happy for both of them getting into matrimony. Add to that, the venue, the fabulous crowd that turned out and the rains, it really was a cruise that was mind blowing! The kind that will stay with you for a long time to come, at least till I come across the next bachelor’s party :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment