Sunday, April 6, 2008

Catching up with friends

One definitely has to be forward looking all the time, but it really does not hurt to look back once in a while to check out what or who all you have left behind in life. It is even more interesting to catch up with old friends once in a while. Who does not like it when one receives a call from a long lost friend at the most unexpected of times? This is precisely what I got into yesterday when I decided it is time to ring up some of my friends out of my articleship and school- college days who are spread out across different parts of the country. I was unlucky with 4- 5 of them who did not pick up my calls, but I still managed to catch hold of 5 of my friends. It really was enjoyable speaking to them after a very long time and I felt as if I had traveled half a decade back into my life. All of a sudden you are bombarded with information on who is doing what, who is working with whom, who got married to whom, who is engaged to whom, who all had kids, who all are expecting kids, the kind of stuff that you get to hear when you are enquiring on friends who are in their late 20’s to early 30’s. All of a sudden you start reflecting upon the time you spent with each of them when both of you were younger, the many discussions, dreams, hopes and anticipations on life that you have shared with each other and comparing those to where each of them have reached presently. It definitely is a great feeling and it puts you on a high when you hear that all your friends are doing well in life one way or the other. For me, personally, it is something that just refreshes and recharges me to take on something new and go ahead for a reasonable period of time before I think about catching up with my friends for another time…

If you have not done something similar for a long period of time, don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call a few of your friends. Just analyze how you feel after say 30 minutes of conversation with your old friends. I bet you will definitely feel special and high spirited. It is for no reason that one considers friends as flowers in the garden of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment