Sunday, May 10, 2009

Padma Cinema Reloaded...

This evening I sat comfortably at the renovated Padma Cinema (MG Road, Ernakulam) watching Passenger, thus fulfilling a long pending wish of mine- catching a movie at Padma Cinema after the renovation was complete.
Boy, if I say I was impressed, that would be an understatement. I should say I was mighty impressed for Padma Cinema today is the best theatre in the city! Plush, wide and comfortable seats with lots of leg room (even for a 189 cm tall me!) and with each row arranged at a level higher to the previous, it is a comfortable experience watching a movie @ Padma.
Add to it the excellent sound system and the temperature which is maintained at a comfortable level, I can easily count Padma as one of the best screens I have ever visited. Small LED lamps lead you to the exit even when the auditorium is dark, the toilets are neat (which is quite a rarity at a theatre in Kochi!), the snack shop is well stocked, the parking area is fairly adequate (for a theatre that can seat 600) and they even have a restaurant that serves Chinese, Continental, North Indian and South Indian food.
I did not get a chance to taste the food and snacks on offer but I have no regrets today since I have made up my mind to watch as many movies as possible at Padma. Even if the movie is bad, I am sure the experience of watching it at Padma Cinema would be good :-)
PS: Click here if you want to know whats showing at Padma

No comments:

Post a Comment