Sunday, May 10, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I do know that this is the name of a recent chick flick that opened to poor box office results and terrible reviews all over the globe. The only reason why I chose this one as the title of this post was because I was going to make a confession about how big a shopaholic I have turned out to be these days.
When I boarded the train to Bangalore, I had decided to shop for some shirts. Not that good brands are not available in Kochi, the problem was with my "plus" size figure for which shirts were not available (It is another thing that I picked up a Stanza Linen Shirt from Reliance Trends 3 weeks back!). My hopes were with the "aLL" brand of Pantaloon meant for oversized people like me and after the heavy lunch, we decided to check out the Garuda Mall before stepping into Bangalore Central to grab a couple of aLL shirts.
The moment I saw the massive Garuda Mall on Magrath Road, I was kinda sure that I would not have to drop into Bangalore Central. It is definitely a shopper's paradise- especially when it comes to menswear- Allen Solly, Van Heusen, Louis Philippe, Marks & Spencer, Shoppers' Stop- you name it, they have it. If you are looking for branded casual wear, you have Levis, Nike, Pepe Jeans, Provogue and Puma. To add to all this, if you are a connossieur of Indian fabric, you can step into fabindia or Westside. Need I say more?
Ladies need not worry for they too have a number of stores to choose from and even kids will have a good time with the little game areas and good options to choose from at the food court. They also have a 4 screen INOX multiplex which is another sureshot reason to visit the mall.
A very tastefully done mall with lots of vacant space and excellent utilization of available space, Garuda Mall's architecture also needs to be commended for the abundant use of natural light. The common areas are bright and airy thanks to the glass panes all around and on the ceiling that let in a lot of natural light.
If you are a shopaholic like me, make sure you carry all your cards with you when you get into the mall. It is another thing that I ended up spending quite a significant part of my salary at the mall. Right now, I am trying to figure out ways to raise adequate funds to remit my credit card bills on time...

No comments:

Post a Comment