Friday, May 15, 2009

Honest Mumbling # 1

Ever since I read Jam's Honest Mumblings about himself (he has even asked me to come up with my set of Honest Mumblings!), I was thinking about 10 truths about myself which very few knew. I thought and thought and thought and finally decided that I was not going to give all of them away together! (Jams is bold, I am not even half as!)

So fellas, here I start mumbling (and not rambling, for a change) about the first honest truth about myself which very few know (or so I believe) and that I would say is the immense love I have for myself. When I say I love myself the most, it is not the kind of love that people would associate with Narcissus. It is not my physicality that I am in love with (If you have seen me, you will agree with me that anybody would find it difficult to fall in love with my physicality).

It is the personality or should I say the soul within that I am absolutely in love with, so much so that I feel I am a complete person myself and that I don't need any emotional support from anyone whatsoever. I am not sure what is it that exactly made me up the way I am. I have had a normal upper middle class upbringing and save the issues that any normal Tam Brahm family would encounter, I have had a good growing up period. I have not been abused as a kid or a teenager and I would not allow anyone to abuse me now (I am too big for that, you know). I have read the kind of books that any normal person would read and seen and liked the kind of movies that most people like and relate to (I set my standards slightly high here though). I am actively interested in politics (as in reading and analyzing and not joining), fairly knowledgeable about sports, try to keep myself updated with the happenings in the business world and so on and so forth.

But, the ultimate truth is that I am totally, absolutely, completely and unconditionally in love with myself. I want to get up at a time that I want to, wear whatever I want to wear, eat whatever I want to eat and do things exactly at the time at which I feel like doing them! I am quite unreasonable when things do not happen exactly the way I want them to or people do not behave the way I want them to.
I have a passion for anything that is expensive or unique. I am hugely passionate about movies, music, food and books and want to experience the best in each of this. I am crazy about traveling and would want to see the entire world if my purse is heavy enough. I don't leave out a single opportunity to travel. I am an extremely city person and I like to be in the midst of crowds. Weather, Noise and Pollution bothers me very little and I am an extremely public transport friendly person.
I know all these would not sound sinful to anyone but probably it is my absolute wish to have everything falling into place at the time I want them to, that creates the issue. All these points justify my looks and my attitude- I am overweight to the extent of being obese, a completely careless dresser (though I always look good to myself), happily unmarried (though I am nearing 30) and do not hold a driving license (I drive gearless 2 wheelers and thats it)
And if you want to know how big a lover of myself I am, count the number of "I" in this post :-)

3 comments:

  1. wish I had the same kind of confidence you have in yourself... Where are the other 9 points bro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup....Suba...

    and no reason why...you should not be ram....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suba- The other 9 points are on their way. I am not sure what to disclose and what not to disclose :-)

    Thanks Meera for that :-)

    ReplyDelete