Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Encounter with the Golden Dragon

It was only during my visit to the Mercy last Sunday that I realized that I have already gorged on the Chinese food at Golden Dragon not once, but thrice in the past! The only difference was that I had been to the branch at Vazhakkala, Kakkanad, Kochi instead of the first outlet at the Mercy, M G Road, Kochi.
That, obviously, does not make much of a difference. The moment you get into the Golden Dragon, you feel you have ended up somewhere in China. With lots of chimes, chinese decorative pieces and a predominant use of the red color in false ceilings, walls, curtains, table clothes and pretty much everything, you really get that feeling of being in China. To add to it, the waiters are from Nepal and the North East and the speakers continuously play Chinese Music!
The red colored Menu is quite elaborate and offers a wide variety of dishes in chicken, seafood, mutton, beef, pork, egg and veggies. The soups and starters section is also quite wide. All soups are good especially the Manchow and Hot and Sour! My personal favorites in the starters are the dragon rolls, spring rolls, fried wontons and dumplings. The Chinese chutney (should I call it something else?) that they serve with the starters is equally stunning.
With a wide variety of noodles and fried rice to choose from, a true connossieur of Chinese food will have a great time at the Golden Dragon. They even serve Chinese Chappathis that look appealing (haven't tasted them as yet!). There are quite a lot of side dishes to choose from- my personal advise is not to miss the Chilli Potato fry- it is awesome! So are the Hakka Noodles and the Broccoli Rice :-)
In all my 3 trips to the restaurant, I gorged so much on the main course that I had no space left for desserts. I have not been able to check out any of the desserts though I would say there is quite a variety to choose from. Do visit the Golden Dragon with family- it is definitely the best Chinese Restaurant in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment