Monday, October 13, 2008

Staying over at a friend's!

I have always thought of myself as a friendly person. I would not say I keep in touch with every acquaintance in life regularly, but I do have my set of all time friends with whom I frequently keep in touch. We speak over the phone quite regularly, meet up whenever we can, go out for movies or dinners over weekends, wish each other on birthdays, chat on the internet whenever we can catch up, so on and so forth.
Only yesterday did I realize that in spite of having been friendly with some of the guys for a little more than 25 years, I have never really stayed over at a friend's place. The reason why I thought about this was because of two recent incidents- After our get together at M's place on Sunday, V decided to stay over at M's since it was too late for him to get back home; and yesterday a friend of my sister stayed over at our place! One thing is that I have never really had to stay over at a friend's- the only time I remember having done something like this was when I was in school. I had gone to a temple festival and stayed back till a little past midnight listening to the Ganamela which was quite a craze in those days. I was about to cycle back home and my friend's parents insisted that I should not be going back all alone. I had no other go but to stay over at my friend's that night. Not that it was tough, but somehow I have never really given myself a chance to do that again!
Another surprising factor is that I have never had a friend staying over at my place either. Worse, I have never invited anyone till date for spending the night at my place! It was and is still common for friends to sleep over at other's place but somehow it has never happened with me. May be it has all to do with the fact that I am very private when it comes to certain things and would always like my space to be strictly "mine". Not that I am worried! All that matters is that I still have a few good friends and either of us are not bothered about whether or not we have stayed over at each other's place...

No comments:

Post a Comment