Friday, September 4, 2009

Three- O Celebrations!

Considering the fact that I was few continents away from home for my big 30th Birthday and the amount of work on hand to be completed, I thought this day was going to be a low key affair. But, thanks to my good friends in Halifax, I had a blast- the kind of Birthday I have not celebrated in decades!
To start with, had a great lunch at Economy Shoe Shop- now don't mistake it for a place that sells shoes. It is one of the oldest Taverns in Halifax, has a very unique feel to it, is done up differently and most importantly, serves delicious food. I had a ball munching into my Club Veggie Wrap and Roasted Potatoes under comfortably warm sunshine!
Had more fun when I was back in office. A delicious chocolate cake was arranged specially for me (with a Birthday Message written across it) and I had close to 30 people singing "Happy Birthday" to me!!! I am so so happy that this Birthday has turned out magical for me. I hope the year ahead is also as special! Thanks to all good friends in Halifax who made this happen. Needless to say, I am on Clouds NINETY NINE  before I board the flight home tomorrow :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, thats great...Hope you dont mind me asking time and aging...And did you get the Cup??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday Greetings! Wanted to wish you on the d-day, but couldn't and you know why :-(
    Anyway, you better find someone special to celebrate your next birthday with. Or else you will be left with the three women in your life, sounds scary, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meera. What do you mean by time and aging? And no, I did not get the cup

    And 2 Wanderlust- the 3 women in my life are not scary but as for someone special to celebrate next Birthday with, well, I am still thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. aha.. nice to hear that you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete