Thursday, July 9, 2009

Honest Mumbling # 2

I am in the mood for honesty and here comes another little known fact about myself. I really dont know how anyone reading this would react but I am very serious when I say that I love to take bath. I can bathe innumerable number of times a day and the sheer joy of getting drenched and wet gives me a high.
Its not just bathing, even now when I see torrential rains outside, I find it difficult to control my instinct to get drenched! As a school kid, I used to be home alone most evenings- my sister would be in the creche and ma and pa would be at work- and I used to be out at the first drop of rain. I used to enjoy getting drenched so much that I used to climb the terrace to get drenched in the rain in all its splendor and glory. After all this, I used to get into the shower to have another round of getting drenched with clean water and by the time, ma was home, I would be dry, fresh and presentable again.
My fetish for taking bath continues even to this date and the only thing I am particular about is cold water- no matter how freezing the temperature outside is. This habit of mine is the only thing that helps me get over the Kochi summers- No one shouts at me when I bath 3- 4 times a day in the scorching summer!
My fetish extends to my toileteries as well. The very thought of using a new soap bar or a new shampoo drives me crazy and on such days, I keep bathing forever till my mom or sis start pounding on my bathroom door. I also love the bath I take after the customary oil massage once every month and also after my visit to the Saloon every month for hair cut.
This might sound very very odd and strange but I must tell you this is true. All my friends who know me from my CA days would vouch for this since I used to take an hour to finish my bath and it is not without reason. Gosh! I have written so much about taking bath that I should get into the shower now. Where's my towel?

5 comments:

  1. I can understand the fetish for a bath during summer, but even during winter? I grew up in Delhi and believe me, once a day during winter was punishment enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ram, you totally missed out on ganesh kumaresh at JTPAC this saturday. It was simply amazing! the best show I've attended so far! and I've been to 6! :) the best part was that it was totally unexpected! quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ram. you alive buddy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ram. have you quit posting? this is sad for your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aparna- You should come to Kochi and then you will understand what I mean

    Tom- I too came to know that Ganesh- Kumaresh were amazing, but what to do? Missed Pankaj Udhas and I am gonna miss Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia too. Hoping that something good will come up during September

    Krishnan, Rakesh- So kind of you to have enquired about me. Have lots of stories to tell and hopefully will restart blogging in full force in a week's time from now :-)

    ReplyDelete