Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dinner at Times Square

The title might sound exciting but the dinner was not. The Times Square in question is a supposedly 3 star Hotel on Club Road, Ernakulam. While I abstain from questioning its star rating, let me tell you that the food was way below standard and the empty restaurant on a Sunday evening tells me that I can rightfully say so.
We, a group of 5 ventured into the restaurant a few minutes past 9 PM and found just one table occupied in the entire restaurant. We were already quite hungry and did not want to start looking for another option. Also, none of us had been to this one earlier. So, we decided we will go ahead and see what Times Square has in store for us. We were in for major disappointment.
Tomato Soup tasted sweet and the Chicken stock in the soup my friends ordered gave out a stale taste. Crispy Fried Vegetables had only cabbage with a trace of Capsicum. Paneer Butter Masala had very little Butter and I had to really hunt for the Paneer cubes in the gravy. Dal Fry had more vegetables than Dal itself. The saving grace was the fresh n fluffy Kerala Paratha which tasted good.
The Cool Bloom I ordered for dessert was supposed to have lime and mint but tasted more like Pista Milk shake- I did not create a ruckus because it tasted just fine. Pineapple Smoothie had too much of ice cream and the Fruit Salad had just a couple of fruits- Sour Grapes and over ripe Pineapples. All this at the cost of little over a grand and we left blaming it all on our "Time". This Times Square is squarely avoidable...

3 comments:

  1. So this is why you took leave today, huh? One post after another...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell anyone, ok? Anyways, I am logging off now, its been quite sometime :-) GN

    ReplyDelete