Thursday, August 28, 2008

Peggy's Cove: Atlantic Ocean in all its splendor!

Now, doesn't that look out of the world? I bet it does not because I have seen the picture, but because I have been to the place and seen it first hand! I never knew that Atlantic Canada would have such lovely tourist spots. During my last trip to Halifax, I had heard a lot about the Peggy's Cove but the weather did not allow us to visit the place.
This time around it was bright and sunny and thus, on last Sunday, I set out for a visit to the cove accompanied by a few friends from office. Now, this one is a small fishing village on the outskirts of Halifax. It has a light house on the rocky sea side which is spread out over an area of approximately 3 square kilometres. The rocks of differing sizes and shapes are supposed to have been carried by glaciers and deposited at the shore when these glaciers melted out into the ocean!
The light house is not very massive either- it is a small one but looks attractive and at first glance, you feel it is standing straight out on the ocean! What makes the place special is the sight of sea waves splashing against the mighty rocks! It feels great watching the sea which is quiet not even for a single moment with the sea gulls floating and flying across. If you are lucky enough, you might even catch a glimpse of a whale swimming around in the ocean (I was unlucky though!). It has always been a great pleasure watching the sea. The sea may be turbulent inside but the kind of tranquility that it offers is unparalleled! At the cove, I felt I could sit all by myself watching the sea in action and with the cool sea breeze, I would not have hesitated to even sleep on the rocks though it was a warm and sunny afternoon! For lovers of adventure, roaming around the 3 odd kilometre long rock line would be a great idea, jumping from one rock to another and making sure you got the step right!
I did manage quite a few snaps of the magnificent Peggy's Cove but none of them can match the magic of watching it first hand! Quite a getaway, I would say. If you want to know more about the cove, please click here. Next time any of you get a chance to visit Atlantic Canada, please remember that Niagra falls are not the only attraction!

7 comments:

  1. Hi , I am a fan of your blog. You have very simple articulate way of writing.. I liked all the reviews of the movies that you had watched . But I was surprised that you havent commented on any Hollywood movies though... anyways keep on blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks becky. I am not a great Hollywood fan! Keep reading and offer your feedback :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh is it so...Fair enuf!! How come you havent commented on Madambi And Minnaminikottam...haven't watched it yet. Personally I felt that Madambi was a sheer waste of time cause the story made absolutely no sense . I mean the mother and son had the most stupid reason to hate each other!!! Minnaminikottam was purely an entertainer.. I could watch it again just to see Jayasurya deliver his dialogues.. his dialouge delivery and comic timing in this movie was really worth applauding... I am waiting to read your take on them.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Becky,

    If you do want to read Hollywood Movie Review, go to http://mahabore.blogspot.com where I do try and put up at least one Movie Review a week, albeit, not the latest ones.

    Cheers...Jam

    ReplyDelete
  5. becky- Jams is a much better reviewer than me.

    I missed minnaminnikkoottam though I was looking forward to it. I have written about madambi- please read the post with the subject "Money (lending) matters" on this blog.

    Keep reading and keep offering your feedback :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mind-boggling to read and see the snap of peggy's cover....

    Hope mera bhari bhee eak dhin ayeega, to see it direct......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Join my team- you will get a chance to visit Halifax :-)

    ReplyDelete