Tuesday, January 1, 2008

To sum up...

I know I am writing a bit too much about Halifax and Canada but I feel I have every reason to, for this is the most important thing that has happened to me, both personally and professionally in the past 2 years or so. I have shared all my personal experiences in Canada with all of you through my earlier posts and the professional experience cannot be shared for security reasons. All said and done, it was a really memorable trip and the excitement was enhanced by my colleagues who travelled with me and all the wonderful people I met there. Lots of work, of course but coupled with lots of food, shopping, sight seeing and the like. It was in Halifax that I first witnessed a live Ice hockey match in a stadium. Needless to say, it was very entertaining. The agility of the players, the tempo that was maintained throughout the game and the committment and professionalism of those on the field really attracted me. Also, it was very well organized and managed and the crowd also joined in with the kind of sportsman spirit that is rarely seen these days. All that I saw and experienced did excite me and the ice hockey match and snow fall were added attractions. I generally believe that a new place, a new set of people and a new culture can influence a person heavily and can contribute a lot towards widening the horizons of his/ her thinking. This is precisely what I experienced during my visit to Canada. Needless to say, I will always look back at the trip with lots of excitement, thanks to the wonderful time I had in the beautiful country...