Sunday, October 7, 2007

Blogging in Malayalam and Kodakara Puranam

Till I caught hold of the recent issue of Mathrubhoomi weekly, I never had an idea that blogging in Malayalam existed. To start with, I have never been much of a netizen in the first place. I started my own blog not very long ago and more than letting the world know about my creative instincts, I was interested in writing down something just to entertain myself. Not many people have been informed about this blog by me directly other than a few of my friends and not all of them who were informed follow up the blog on a regular basis. I don't read too many blogs either. I read a few whose quick links have been given on my home page and beyond that I never get enough time to search blogspot to find out other interesting blogs. That was when I caught hold of this weekly and the report on Kodakarapuranam- the very famous Malayalam Blog and its author, Vishalamanskan, an NRK working in the Middle East caught my fancy. It is extremely surprising when one thinks about the extent of progress that technology has made which makes blogging in Malayalam a reality and even more surprising is the number of hits that Kodakarapuranam receives on a daily basis. Apparently, the popularity of the blog is so much that DC Books has even published selected posts of Vishalamanaskan as a book by the same name. The book, on its part, has become a best seller too. I am finding it difficult not to catch hold of either the blog or the book and I have chosen the book over the blog so that I can go through the posts much more in detail and at leisure. So dont be surprised if you find me writing in detail about Kodakarapuranam sometime very soon. Till then, I wish Vishalamanskan all the very best and congratulate him on having pioneered a movement called blogging in Malayalam. Cheers,