Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Chicken Pox- When one feels really sick...

Thanks to a totally unexpected attack of Chicken Pox, I have been confined to home for almost 11 days now. The fever about which I had mentioned in my previous post on the trip to Kaavalam developed into Chicken Pox and the first boils were visible on my arm on the evening of 27th May, Sunday. I just double checked with my mom and off I was packed to one of the bedrooms in the house with literally nothing for company for the next 3 days. I had to suffer all sorts of miseries in that room- the room was smoked with Kunthirikkam (I dont know what one calls it in English). It leaves a good smell but it is a disaster sitting through the smoke. Neem leaves were strewn all over the room and the worst thing was that I could not eat food with oil or salt. Being the foodie that I am, this was the most difficult thing that could ever happen to me. The first night went on fine, but the next morning, I could find boils all over my body. The heat that the wretched disease generates within your body is awful, and to add to that there is the peak summer heat outside for company. I was feeling as if there were fireballs placed all over my body and supposedly, the only thing that could bring a little respite to the heat were fruits!!!Now for a person like me, fruits are something that are eaten when you have nothing else to do and here I was prompted to eat nothing but fruits for a full meal. That too fruits of all kinds, sizes and shapes- rock hard bananas, sour grapes, water melons (which in my opinion are simply disastrous) and the like. Thanks to the boils all over my body, I could not sleep in any one position. It was so very itchy and I had to spend days and nights on bed twisting and turning my body towards all sides. Anyways, good bless allopathic medicines thanks to which my ordeal finally ended in 6 days when the boils slowly started disappearing from my body. I had that infamous post chicken pox bath on Monday, June 4 and now I am all set and raring to go. I really cannot wait till Friday, June 8 when I will be joining back work and when I will be able to get out of the four walls of the house. On hindsight, I still feel this is the worst kind of disease that can affect someone like me who finds it so difficult to sit at home even for a day! So all of you friends, who have been lucky enough not to be affected by Chicken Pox till now in your lives, it definitely is not an experience that you would like to go through. So, whenever you hear about chicken pox spreading in your office or your neighbourhood, please make sure to take the preventive homoeo medicines that are available. I am sure none of you would like to go through the agony that I went through. Do remember my words coz as they say- Experience is the best teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Sreeram,

    Maybe your family prayed that you sat at home but the effect of those prayers was a bit too much, I guess...Anyway heard from the EKM Theatre owner's Assocn. that they were planning to observe a day's hartal if you missed one more weekend of their movies...Great that you are back in circulation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a member of "Immune Fellas" from Sept end!! :D

    ReplyDelete