Monday, September 24, 2007

Training Time

I have been writing my way to glory on my blog today, unleashing my entire creative potential thanks to the fact that my mind these days is free of any kind of tension- personal or professional. Personally, I have not had many reasons to be tense about till now (fortunately, that is). But, professionally, there have been a few instances where there was no way out but to carry a little bit of work related worries back home at night and sometimes, over the weekend. However, these days, at work, I am at a stage where I am almost out of the team that I was part of and am looking forward to something new that is coming way late this year or early next year. The next obvious question is what am I doing at work these days? Biding away time doing nothing, right? Wrong. I am still very much helping out my earlier team with whatever help they need. But, most of my time these days is spend on admin related stuff and training. I always thought of Trainings as boring but discovered last day that they could be extremely interesting too. I had a self training on a software called MS Project on the training module available at work and found out that it was highly effective. I am not a software person and I never knew about the existence of a software called MS Project. But, I fell in love with it during my first tryst with the software and the training course has further intensified my interests in MS Project. My course material had a pre assessment, a detailed course and a post assessment on MS Project Fundamentals spread across 3 sessions. I completed all the 3 in one day itself and could score an overall 79 per cent marks which I thought was good enough for a software illiterate like me. I have made up my mind to make the most use of my time at work before I get busy with my new project. I am looking forward to getting trained on the entire MS Office Suite' which probably would bring me into contact with MS Access and MS Visio- 2 software I don't have much clue about! Its raining trainings folks and I am looking forward to more :)