Monday, May 21, 2007

Thanks a lot for the great support

I had this thought of becoming a columnist at the back of my mind in the early years of life, but at the time when I could have really worked towards becoming one, I developed cold feet and turned towards a more lucrative, less risky career. It probably was the old columnist's mind that urged me to start writing something and these thoughts culminated in my decision to start a blog. That movie reviews could be the focus of my blog was an idea that my friends and colleagues gave me since I have always been an avid movie buff, one that loved to critically analyze everything about a movie. I sprung into action soon and the result was the reviews that you see below. I had no great ideas when I sent the URL to all my friends and relatives. But what really surprised me was the overwhelming response to the blog, through the comments on the blog, through e mails, SMS, phone calls and orkut. I would really like to thank each and every one of you who took time off your busy schedule to read through my blog and who were kind enough to give me your feedback. It definitely is so heartening to know that there are so many people who care for you and take interest in the little things you do in life. Inspired by the support and encouragement, I am planning to widen the spectrum of my blog- to cover a whole lot of stuff other than just movies. I am planning to write on a wide variety of stuff hereafter in this blog- viz., music, sports, politics, business, philosophy etc etc- but, of course from a critical view point. The major attraction of the blog would still remain movie reviews though. Before I venture out, I would really be happy to know what each one of you think about my plans. Please use the comments section below to let me know what each of you feel about my lofty ideas mentioned above. Once again, thanks for all the great support and encouragement...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sreeram,

    What can I say other than 'welcome aboard mate!!!'. Good to see that your blog is going to evolve into more of a 'sounding board' for your ideas, thoughts, rather than just being restricted to movie reviews.

    But hey, keep those reviews flowing. I for sure, can learn how to critically review a movie just by reading your posts.

    Welcome aboard once again....Jai

    ReplyDelete